New Year's Resolutions for InDesign Users; Obscurity of the Week: JPEG 2000
Details below, or go to http://indesignsecrets.com/category/podcasts for Show Notes, links, and to leave a comment!
Listen in your browser:
InDesignSecrets-068.mp3 (13.3 MB, 28:58 minutes)
(the transcript of this podcast will be posted soon)
Happy New Year!
- New Year's Resolutions for InDesign Users (yes, including us).
Our full list of suggestions appears below, suitable for printing and checking off!
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: JPEG 2000
Links mentioned in the Podcast:
Looking for a script or plug-in? Try here
Our free Keyboard Shortcuts plug-in
Robin Williams' The Mac is Not a Typewriter or The PC is Not a Typewriter
Our recommended InDesign books and videos for reference
How to rebuild Preferences in InDesign
Do you use JPEG 2000? Adobe wants to know
2008 New Year's Resolutions:
Our Suggested List for InDesign Users
- I'll find and learn how to use one new (to me) script and plug-in that helps my work.
- I'll use paragraph and character styles properly.
- I'll start placing PSD, AI, and PDF files instead of EPS.
- I'll finally break my habit of typing double-spaces after punctuation.
- I'll get into the habit of using the temporary Hand tool instead of the scroll bars when it makes sense.
- I'll import XML and export XML at least once this year successfully, even if it's on my own time, just to learn the process.
- I'll get a reference on InDesign that I can refer to when I'm stuck.
- I'll force myself to use New Window, Story Editor, Glyphs panel, and Quick Apply three times so that I learn to fully appreciate their utility.
- I'll set up, save and use at least 2 different workspaces.
- I'll learn the keyboard shortcuts to open the panels I use most often, even if it means having to customize them to ones I'll remember.
- I'll rebuild my Preferences, then set my application preferences and default styles and swatches, then back up that prefs file.
- I'll add at least one comment to a post on InDesignSecrets.com, even just to say "thanks" or "whaaa?" so we know you're out there!